March 2, 2009

First Post

I feel I should say something profound. After all, why would anyone want to read this unless I waxed eloquent or questioned life in an enlightened philosophical manner?

Except of course my mother. She will read this no matter what. Even if it is no good, pointless, self-absorbed drivel. And because it is no good she will worry that no one else will read it, or that people will say rude, mean-spirited things to her well-meaning son. But she will not mention these fears to me. No, no. She will be ravaged by worry, and she will slyly ask something like "Do you really have time to do this blogging thing?" All in an effort to save her son from perceived persecution. What a good mom.

Nevertheless, I will risk both mine and my mother's well-being by placing words before the world. Or at least that portion of the world who either loves me enough to read this, or pities me enough. Those may essentially be the same people.

No comments:

Post a Comment