May 26, 2009

Best Restaraunts In Abilene (no arguing)

In my last post I mentioned the first time I ate at Perini Ranch Steakhouse. Someone asked me if that was my favorite restaurant. Honestly, I'm not sure. But it got me thinking. So here are my top ten favorite restaurants in the Abilene area. (Abilene area meaning someone could call me to go to dinner at six and I could be at the restaurant by seven. So, while I love Underwoods in Brownwood, it is too far to make the cut.)

10. Farolito- Good Mexican food in with an old style feel. The first Mexican food restaurant I remember eating at was the old Monterrey House in Tyler, TX in the late seventies. Farolito stole their decor.

9. LaPopular- Three words: Dollar Burrito Day.

8. Harold's- There is probably better barbecue in Abilene. But nothing can top their chopped beef sandwich. Everything else may be terrible, but I don't get anything else.

7. Sonic- How could a greasy fast-food place make the list? Simple. Lemon-Berry slush, the official drink of Damon Parker

6. Beehive- When I need chicken-fried steak.

5. Clyde Pizza House- Food is good. Entertainment is amazing. Can go from wonderful to topping the unintentional comedy charts and back in just a few minutes.

4. Szechuan- Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese buffets. But the best cuisine is to be had at this order off the menu joint.

3. Los Arcos- Becoming my favorite Tex-Mex in Abilene. I just wish they were open on Monday evenings.

2. The Homeplace- Amazing way to spend an evening with friends and family. The food is tremendous, the atmosphere wonderful, and on a nice evening there is nothing better than to sit outside after dinner and talk while the kids run around. If the dessert was better, this would probably be number one.

1. Perini Ranch Steakhouse- Only been there three or four times. It's a little bit of a drive, and it's not cheap. But the ranch roasted rib-eye...good gravy we will be eating that in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment